WavTool is the first AI-accelerated text-to-music DAW in the marketplace to make quality music and podcasts in your browser for free. It includes an AI chat assistant that can compose midi, generate instruments, control effects, and run several other workstation activities.
WavTool is the only AI DAW with a MIDI composer assistant powered by GPT-4.
5 Unique WavTool Features
- AI Conductor: WavTool calls their AI chatbot the Conductor because of its ability to guide you through the music-making process. It can touch every part of the DAW, hold deep conversations about music, and generate MIDI.
- Loads in the browser: You don't need to install WavTool locally on your computer. It runs seamlessly in modern browsers with a fast connection. I'll share some bugs I ran into, but let's wait until later in the article.
- Custom Wavetables: Pull in one of WavTool's instrument presets for your MIDI track or build custom wavetables from scratch. The video above goes into detail on how users can synthesize new instruments.
- Device panel: WavTool lets you set up devices that control EQ, reverb, delay, dynamics, distortion, LFOs and side-chain compression, visualizers and more.
- QWERTY & MIDI Controller Support: WavTool's piano roll includes a keyboard interface that shows you the notes you're playing. You can play on a QWERTY computer keyboard or use a standard MIDI controller.